Instructions On How To Create Custom Pendulum Link Monsters

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Christen57

Instructions On How To Create Custom Pendulum Link Monsters

Post #1 by Christen57 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:03 pm

Normally you cannot create custom pendulum link monsters on duelingbook, but with the power of javascript, you can.

Make sure your browser supports javascript, which I'm sure most browsers nowadays do, like Google Chrome and Firefox, and also make sure javascript is enabled/allowed on said browser on duelingbook. Some browsers have this enabled/allowed by default while others require you to manually enable/allow it in your settings and may also require you to refresh/reload your page for the changes to take effect.

Create a new bookmark or edit an already-existing bookmark you may have. Name it whatever you want. I will be naming mine "link pendulum enabler" for this demonstration.

In the box that says "URL," copy and paste this line of code:

javascript:document.getElementById("upload_card").getElementsByClassName("pendulum_cb")[0].removeAttribute("disabled");document.getElementById("edit_card").getElementsByClassName("pendulum_cb")[0].removeAttribute("disabled");

Click Save to save your bookmark. Note that, on other browsers like Mozilla Firefox, the "URL" box may instead be referred to as a "Location" box.

Now go to duelingbook's custom card creator where you create new custom cards.

Have the "Card Type" be "Monster" and set the "Category" to "Link".

Now click on your newly created bookmark. If done correctly, you should now be able to click the "Pendulum" checkbox to make your custom Link Monster a Pendulum Monster.

Now you can give your Pendulum Link Monster a name, a monster effect, a type, an attribute, a link rating, an attack value, and a pendulum scale, and you can then upload it, making it available to either "Myself Only" or "Everyone".

Also, if you make it available for "Everyone" then others will be able to search for your custom pendulum link monster in the Deck Constructor and add it to their own decks, so long as it has an image uploaded for it.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you can also edit any of your already-existing non-pendulum fusion/synchro/xyz/link monsters to make them into link pendulum monsters. Just make sure the category is set to "Link" and then click the bookmark again which will enable you to make the monster a Link Pendulum Monster.

Also, keep in mind that the "Pendulum" checkbox may get disabled again each time you switch to a new card or create a new custom link pendulum monster. In that case, you will have to click the bookmark again each time you want to create a new custom link pendulum monster or edit an already-existing monster into a link pendulum monster in order to re-enable the "Pendulum" checkbox so you can click said checkbox.

Now you can create custom link pendulum monsters, duel with them, and share them with others.

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:27 pm

Well it's clear that Links and Pendulums have incompatible designs to be merged
Buy Floowandereeze

KTeknis

Post #3 by KTeknis » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:00 am

Dang, you really are a Javascript master to be able to do such thing.
Absolute madlad.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #4 by Jedx_EX » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:38 am

Very interesting...Oh, and thanks again for this UNIQUE feature (Been thinking about this Card Type combination a few times before).

SISTER SQUAD

Post #5 by SISTER SQUAD » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:48 pm

that's actually so cool :o

EmeraldFuse

Post #6 by EmeraldFuse » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:04 am

it's not working. I follow the instructions and it keeps just giving me the middle finger and not working.

Christen57

Post #7 by Christen57 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:15 pm

EmeraldFuse wrote:it's not working. I follow the instructions and it keeps just giving me the middle finger and not working.

What browser are you using?

Is Javascript allowed on your browser and on duelingbook?

Are you going to the custom card creator, choosing to make your monster a link monster, then clicking the bookmark, then clicking the pendulum checkbox, in that specific order?

Did you copy and paste the entire code correctly and save it as a bookmark? If not, try copying it from this code box. Maybe that will help.

Code: Select all

javascript:document.getElementById("upload_card").getElementsByClassName("pendulum_cb")[0].removeAttribute("disabled");document.getElementById("edit_card").getElementsByClassName("pendulum_cb")[0].removeAttribute("disabled");

EmeraldFuse

Post #8 by EmeraldFuse » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:47 pm

my browser is chrome and Javascript is enabled and turned on. Does the name of the bookmark also need to be the code or just the URL? I'm trying my best here and it's just not working.

Christen57

Post #9 by Christen57 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:04 pm

I should probably mention that javascript commands won't execute properly on the flash version of duelingbook. It has to be done on the html5 version of duelingbook:

https://www.duelingbook.com/html5

That's why it wasn't working for EmeraldFuse.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #10 by Lil Oldman » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:08 pm

Lmao the buttons where brighter
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Return to “Suggestions”