more of a question

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
Christen57

Re: more of a question

Post #21 by Christen57 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:26 am

DuskWill wrote:Sounds like a very convoluted setup to bad-mouth a random stranger, even more than just recording a duel with a phone. Come to think of it, it's actually a bit concerning that your many topics in Spam Paradise ended up not being enough, to the point that you have to vent out your frustrations through other media.

I seriously suggest to avoid creating these self-stressful scenarios that are requires just the noncompliance of strangers in the internet to trigger you. Find some friends that like your rules, don't force random people to abide to them, nor berate them. Or, if possible, gradually learn to lose control of the situation, as your rules basically not only hinders your opponent, but your potential as well.

greg503 wrote:It would bring you closer to a Harrasment (major) freeze, which I'm sure you've gotten at least once

Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:1: then they are free to go find someone who doesnt have a duel note to go duel against. seriously i dont get what is so hard about taking like 10 seconds of your day to ask the host what their duel note (or duel rules) mean. i mean hello, youre not doing anything important, as youre playing yugioh on an online simulator! so i dont see how they could be so "Busy" to not have the "Time" to ask what a hosts rules mean.
2: (best option) if they just want to find a duel quickly they can go host a duel of their own.

me? i like dueling against people who play the old fashioned way, back when both raigeki and dark hole were both banned. by using simple traps like mirror force, trap hole, acid trap hole, etc to deal with monsters OR the most basic way: attacking an opponents monster with your own. none of the current era crap of mass spam summon, "Hand Traps" which are actually Hand Effects, pends, people running meta all the time, xyz's, and links. i preffer the times from 1st gen to early 5ds, when things were simple and easy to follow, when turns didnt take 2+ minutes to conclude, when 1 summon during your own turn was more than enough, when the gods didnt need support, when exodia didnt need support, when the cards were short and simple! thats MY yugioh!

That is a fair argument, but here is a hard to swallow truth for you... YOUR Yugioh is dead and buried, and it's never coming back. It doesn't matter how much you whine, cry, or berate other players for not playing with your messed up rules, it's still never coming back. So you can do one of two things.

1: Either get with the times and play in either GOAT format, or show us how good you are and play in the current META like everyone else. Hell, Monarchs are back at full power and they can shut down tons of META decks, and they're as close to "Your Yugioh" as you can get.
2: Simply stop playing and go do something else. Seriously, no one is making you play this game but yourself, and all you're doing is just making other players look bad with how you act, and no, nobody is gonna care about you blaming someone or something else for you actions, you're clearly an adult, so start acting like one and take some responsibility.

LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:so lets say im in a duel, and i decide to record said duel on my phone. and lets say my rules were: no extradeck. but my opponent plays an xyz.

now lets say i dont say anything in the duel chat other than "nope i said no extradeck" upon them summoning the xyz. BUT in my video im recording, i am verbally saying (not in the duel chat) something like: OMFG! what is with people who cant read a duel note? just how many morons on here cant read?" would this be in violation of any rules?

the reason im asking this is i want to be sure if saying this in my video but NOT in the duel chat would be allowed or not. seeing as im not in peoples "good graces" i dont want to risk making even more "mistakes" that may result in "action" taken against me.

i mean yes i could have asked a judge on the site, but i preffer the forums to get more responses from the judges. which will further authenticate the answer.

Sounds like you're setting up to badmouth someone and not use the duel chat to do it like you do in your, now privated, youtube videos.

Genexwrecker wrote:Verbally harassing people and doing campains to harass and stalk them and deliver verbal threats is illegal in most countries and regions people have been arrested for making threats on their videos on facebook and youtube. You sound like the kind of person that neeeds to be locked up as ur literally looking for just anyway to treat people horrible if they dont comply with what you want.

KTeknis wrote:Unfortunately, Duel Note are just Note, or as some people say, they're not contract. they're not enforceable. Nothing stop people from not obeying to your rules, this includes Trolls and newbies. Also sometimes when people do read your Duel Note, only a few might read your Profile, which also contain more rules.
When someone break your rule, I suggest to just leave the room calmly and block, rather than going all your way to make sure it is enforced. Another suggestion is to try a simpler Duel Note, or a more clear duel note. Or you can try the option mentioned above and make friend with person who like your rule or PM that duelist to confirm he's abide to your rule.
The problem with your rules is that it forces people to make another deck just to duel 1 person.

Context: Several hours ago from the time I'm writing this, CrystalMusic uploaded a short video to youtube of him recording duelingbook gameplay on his laptop using his phone or something, as opposed to just using a screen recorder like bandicam, and he started yelling at the screen with his high pitched voice after his opponent xyz summoned one of those utopia monsters, but he now made said video private: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV-MKt0ProE

NiwatoriFTW

Post #22 by NiwatoriFTW » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:31 am

CrystalMusic wrote:as the duel chat stated: i hate when people use my boi jinzo against me. i hate when ppl dont have their own style. you know i always use counter traps to stop spells and traps. my style has always been anti spell / anti trap. and jinzo is anti trap.

Do random people that have never heard about you know, by default, about this "style" of yours? Honestly, it makes no sense expecting that from complete strangers.

Also, this entitlement while victimising yourself only fuels your martyr complex, it does not help your case, at all.

KTeknis

Post #23 by KTeknis » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:33 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
KTeknis wrote:Unfortunately, Duel Note are just Note, or as some people say, they're not contract. they're not enforceable. Nothing stop people from not obeying to your rules, this includes Trolls and newbies. Also sometimes when people do read your Duel Note, only a few might read your Profile, which also contain more rules.
When someone break your rule, I suggest to just leave the room calmly and block, rather than going all your way to make sure it is enforced. Another suggestion is to try a simpler Duel Note, or a more clear duel note. Or you can try the option mentioned above and make friend with person who like your rule or PM that duelist to confirm he's abide to your rule.
The problem with your rules is that it forces people to make another deck just to duel 1 person.

i dont see how having to make a deck is a problem.

Not everyone can make a deck in an instant, especially when it has to abide some additional rules. They have to ensure everything still works while still conforming these rules.
For example: No Staples, that means people must look all the way to scavange other stuff that might subtitute them.
Or self-made custom only: People usually make customs with assumptions that they still can use vanilla or other people's card, for example, Futuregamer said you don't have to make every single effect for a single archetype, and not everyone have the "Creativity" of yours to make like 100 archetype in an instant.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Debt

Post #24 by Debt » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:41 am

CrystalMusic wrote:as the duel chat stated: i hate when people use my boi jinzo against me. i hate when ppl dont have their own style. you know i always use counter traps to stop spells and traps. my style has always been anti spell / anti trap. and jinzo is anti trap.

You don't have a monopoly on cards. This isn't the anime where no one has the same cards. You've removed 99.5% of the card pool then expect people not to play the best cards left over since you're playing them because your rules are engineered to make your favorite cards the best cards.

DuskWill

Post #25 by DuskWill » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:42 am

Christen57 wrote:
DuskWill wrote:Sounds like a very convoluted setup to bad-mouth a random stranger, even more than just recording a duel with a phone. Come to think of it, it's actually a bit concerning that your many topics in Spam Paradise ended up not being enough, to the point that you have to vent out your frustrations through other media.

I seriously suggest to avoid creating these self-stressful scenarios that are requires just the noncompliance of strangers in the internet to trigger you. Find some friends that like your rules, don't force random people to abide to them, nor berate them. Or, if possible, gradually learn to lose control of the situation, as your rules basically not only hinders your opponent, but your potential as well.

Context: Several hours ago from the time I'm writing this, CrystalMusic uploaded a short video to youtube of him recording duelingbook gameplay on his laptop using his phone or something, as opposed to just using a screen recorder like bandicam, and he started yelling at the screen with his high pitched voice after his opponent xyz summoned one of those utopia monsters, but he now made said video private: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV-MKt0ProE

I managed to watch the video, it was about this duel in particular: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-21864482

It felt bad for the opponent, though. From the chat, they seemed Italian, so they might not have understood the sudden rage.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Debt

Post #26 by Debt » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:48 am

Christen57 wrote:Context: Several hours ago from the time I'm writing this, CrystalMusic uploaded a short video to youtube of him recording duelingbook gameplay on his laptop using his phone or something, as opposed to just using a screen recorder like bandicam, and he started yelling at the screen with his high pitched voice after his opponent xyz summoned one of those utopia monsters, but he now made said video private: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV-MKt0ProE

It's been noted that Crystal literally cannot operate screen capture programs. He still has to resort to using his phone for screenshots.

KTeknis wrote:Not everyone can make a deck in an instant, especially when it has to abide some additional rules. They have to ensure everything still works while still conforming these rules.
For example: No Staples, that means people must look all the way to scavange other stuff that might subtitute them.
Or self-made custom only: People usually make customs with assumptions that they still can use vanilla or other people's card, for example, Futuregamer said you don't have to make every single effect for a single archetype, and not everyone have the "Creativity" of yours to make like 100 archetype in an instant.

The problem with rules like "No staples" is that Crystal doesn't know what cards are actually staple and it's a short hand for "don't use generic cards I don't like". And crystal only has 1 custom deck, he's just remade it over 100 times.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #27 by CrystalMusic » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:51 am

DuskWill wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

I managed to watch the video, it was about this duel in particular: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-21864482

It felt bad for the opponent, though. From the chat, they seemed Italian, so they might not have understood the sudden rage.

this is one of the reasons i made a support post some time ago about making it so u can only duel ppl who speak the same predominante as you.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

KTeknis

Post #28 by KTeknis » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:52 am

DuskWill wrote:It felt bad for the opponent, though. From the chat, they seemed Italian, so they might not have understood the sudden rage.

For some reason i wanted to contact him to apologize for CM's behavior.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #29 by CrystalMusic » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:55 am

Debt wrote:
Christen57 wrote:Context: Several hours ago from the time I'm writing this, CrystalMusic uploaded a short video to youtube of him recording duelingbook gameplay on his laptop using his phone or something, as opposed to just using a screen recorder like bandicam, and he started yelling at the screen with his high pitched voice after his opponent xyz summoned one of those utopia monsters, but he now made said video private: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV-MKt0ProE

It's been noted that Crystal literally cannot operate screen capture programs. He still has to resort to using his phone for screenshots.

KTeknis wrote:Not everyone can make a deck in an instant, especially when it has to abide some additional rules. They have to ensure everything still works while still conforming these rules.

The problem with rules like "No staples" is that Crystal doesn't know what cards are actually staple and it's a short hand for "don't use generic cards I don't like". And crystal only has 1 custom deck, he's just remade it over 100 times.

look i go by what i see most in my duels. that is MY staple list. and i mostly see removal cards like mst, twin twisters, raigeki, dark hole, (and now feather duster) other cards i commonly see are: pot of desires, pot of extravagance, cards of demise, "archetype" specific spells (other than the legendary dragons) mystic mine, and more. (i could go on and on with this list if i really wanted to, if u want the full list youll have to message me on the main site.... oh wait!)
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

KTeknis

Post #30 by KTeknis » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:55 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
DuskWill wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

this is one of the reasons i made a support post some time ago about making it so u can only duel ppl who speak the same predominante as you.

Just like your Profile rule, there are very few people who read those too. Try making it more clear to everyone your rule is.
Also, the more convoluted your rule is, the less people want to actually obey it.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #31 by LightCaster » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:58 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
DuskWill wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

I'm gunna ignore the fact that that you're not realizing that this is the WORLD wide web. meaning it's possible that you will run into someone who doesn't speak english and point out that you're also ignoring the fact that you are not admitting to actually doing that and once again, not taking responsibility for your actions. Which is classic martyr complex. I'm just astonished that you have a combination of a martyr and a god complex at the same time and swap between the two. If admins catch word of this you'll be gone in an instant.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #32 by CrystalMusic » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:05 am

LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
DuskWill wrote:I managed to watch the video, it was about this duel in particular: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-21864482

I'm gunna ignore the fact that that you're not realizing that this is the WORLD wide web. meaning it's possible that you will run into someone who doesn't speak english and point out that you're also ignoring the fact that you are not admitting to actually doing that and once again, not taking responsibility for your actions. Which is classic martyr complex. I'm just astonished that you have a combination of a martyr and a god complex at the same time and swap between the two. If admins catch word of this you'll be gone in an instant.

im not a martyr. i dont mind if people have a different belief than i do, that is their right! you need to look up the definition of a martyr before using it in a false statement!

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #33 by LightCaster » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:12 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

im not a martyr. i dont mind if people have a different belief than i do, that is their right! you need to look up the definition of a martyr before using it in a false statement!

*facepalm* No you dunce, a martyr complex means you victimize yourself intentionally to avoid responsibility.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #34 by CrystalMusic » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:15 am

also, so what if i recorded the duel as it was happening. the judges cannot touch me for content i choose upload to youtube, they have no control over youtube. thats for youtube to decide and guess what? MikeMadness has several vids of DB duel replays and "harassing" others yet his channel is still around. YT understand that games are games, not real life! making fun of people is part of video games and YT understnad it. think of it this way: theoretically speaking trolling in a video game is more of a annoying form of harassment, yet people do it all the time in gta and record it and youtube does nothing. i mean look at Xpertheif on YT he trolls ppl all the time in GTA 5 and uploads it, and his channel is still around. so i highly doubt me giving my input on replays and uploading them to my channel will cause TY to take any action against me. and as for the site judges? since the recording is AFTER the fact of the duel, i highly doubt they can do anything either.

Debt

Post #35 by Debt » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:19 am

CrystalMusic wrote:im not a martyr. i dont mind if people have a different belief than i do, that is their right! you need to look up the definition of a martyr before using it in a false statement!

He said martyr complex. And you do have a problem with people thinking differently than you do. You frequently insult people for approaching the game differently, you've insulted players when they were 100% correct because what they said contradict what you believe, you hide your youtube like/dislike ratio (and this is purely speculation: curate comments as well), you curate your profile comments, you conflate negativity with criticism, you've blocked Christen of all people when he's extremely patient with you and never insults you but you disagree with him.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #36 by CrystalMusic » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:22 am

i used to have like 85% of the user base blocked at one time, whats the difference?

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #37 by LightCaster » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:22 am

CrystalMusic wrote:also, so what if i recorded the duel as it was happening. the judges cannot touch me for content i choose upload to youtube, they have no control over youtube. thats for youtube to decide and guess what? MikeMadness has several vids of DB duel replays and "harassing" others yet his channel is still around. YT understand that games are games, not real life! making fun of people is part of video games and YT understnad it. think of it this way: theoretically speaking trolling in a video game is more of a annoying form of harassment, yet people do it all the time in gta and record it and youtube does nothing. i mean look at Xpertheif on YT he trolls ppl all the time in GTA 5 and uploads it, and his channel is still around. so i highly doubt me giving my input on replays and uploading them to my channel will cause TY to take any action against me. and as for the site judges? since the recording is AFTER the fact of the duel, i highly doubt they can do anything either.

Yeah, because they like being annoying. You do it to ACTUALLY belittle people like you do in the forums. So, again, you're not taking responsibility for your actions. It amazes me how you act pretentious and like a jackass and then act like you should never be blamed for it. What I fail to understand is how you think that recording a video, posting it to youtube, with commentary that is actually hurtful, and then privating it and act like it's perfectly fine. You admitted to doing it as the primary post. You post videos and forums to call people out on their alleged "stupidity" because they fail to follow your totalitarianistic set of one-sided rules that only a second you would be willing to follow.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #38 by CrystalMusic » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:28 am

LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:also, so what if i recorded the duel as it was happening. the judges cannot touch me for content i choose upload to youtube, they have no control over youtube. thats for youtube to decide and guess what? MikeMadness has several vids of DB duel replays and "harassing" others yet his channel is still around. YT understand that games are games, not real life! making fun of people is part of video games and YT understnad it. think of it this way: theoretically speaking trolling in a video game is more of a annoying form of harassment, yet people do it all the time in gta and record it and youtube does nothing. i mean look at Xpertheif on YT he trolls ppl all the time in GTA 5 and uploads it, and his channel is still around. so i highly doubt me giving my input on replays and uploading them to my channel will cause TY to take any action against me. and as for the site judges? since the recording is AFTER the fact of the duel, i highly doubt they can do anything either.

Yeah, because they like being annoying. You do it to ACTUALLY belittle people like you do in the forums. So, again, you're not taking responsibility for your actions. It amazes me how you act pretentious and like a jackass and then act like you should never be blamed for it. What I fail to understand is how you think that recording a video, posting it to youtube, with commentary that is actually hurtful, and then privating it and act like it's perfectly fine. You admitted to doing it as the primary post. You post videos and forums to call people out on their alleged "stupidity" because they fail to follow your totalitarianistic set of one-sided rules that only a second you would be willing to follow.

in short?

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #39 by LightCaster » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:28 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:

in short?

In short: STOP BEING A DICK AND GET OVER YOURSELF.

Debt

Post #40 by Debt » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:40 am

You've been doing this same exact song and dance for at least 6 years. When are you gonna put an end to it? It doesn't matter if people feed the troll or not because you've proven that you'll continue the routine even without an audience. It's clear you don't like the game, arguably you've never liked it (just an idealized version that never existed). You know you're on thin ice, everyone is tired of this, new players don't deserve the treatment you dole out.

Return to “Suggestions”