duel note restrictions

If you have a suggestion for the site, create a topic here and telll us about it
CrystalMusic
User avatar
Posts: 1108
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 14
Mood:

duel note restrictions

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:36 pm

as we all know theres already restrictions on duel notes. however there needs to be a new rule added to this restriction.

Having a duel note that would make it harder for another host to get an opponent should not be allowed. Ill be using a random name as an example: Richard

Example of what i mean:
Me: *Hosting in advanced* "1st gen & GX only"
Richard: Dont duel Crystal Music

Richards duel note should not be allowed as it will make it harder for me to get an opponent. This should also be looked at as trolling as ur duel note makes its misleading to make it harder for one to find an opponent.

Debt
Posts: 488
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 78

Post #2 by Debt » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:22 am

It's already against the rules

Christen57
User avatar
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 10:37 pm
Reputation: 23

Post #3 by Christen57 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:14 am

Debt wrote:It's already against the rules


Where?

Christen57
User avatar
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 10:37 pm
Reputation: 23

Post #4 by Christen57 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:19 am

CrystalMusic wrote:as we all know theres already restrictions on duel notes. however there needs to be a new rule added to this restriction.

Having a duel note that would make it harder for another host to get an opponent should not be allowed. Ill be using a random name as an example: Richard

Example of what i mean:
Me: *Hosting in advanced* "1st gen & GX only"
Richard: Dont duel Crystal Music

Richards duel note should not be allowed as it will make it harder for me to get an opponent. This should also be looked at as trolling as ur duel note makes its misleading to make it harder for one to find an opponent.


You've already got a bunch of absurd rules, a tendency to block hundreds of people for no reason, as well as a bad reputation, that already make it difficult for you to get an opponent.

Genexwrecker
User avatar
Posts: 920
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:52 pm
Reputation: 105

Post #5 by Genexwrecker » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:44 am

guy should read the rules before compaining about not having rules that already exist.
Official Duelingbook Support staff

Debt
Posts: 488
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 78

Post #6 by Debt » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:29 am

Christen57 wrote:
Where?


Image

CrystalMusic
User avatar
Posts: 1108
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 14
Mood:

Post #7 by CrystalMusic » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:35 am

ok didnt know that falled under that. i admit i should have asked first before posting. my mistake.

Christen57
User avatar
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 10:37 pm
Reputation: 23

Post #8 by Christen57 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:18 pm

Debt wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Where?


Image


The question is, does "making it harder for someone to find an opponent" with a duel note count as "being offensive," "harassing others," or "promoting/advertising"?

It doesn't seem to count as the first one since it's not "offensive" to say CrystalMusic has built up a bad reputation and will give you a hard time for dueling him.

It doesn't seem to count as the second one since you aren't talking directly to CrystalMusic, messaging him, or name-calling. You're just saying that you don't think people should duel him.

It definitely doesn't count as the third one since you aren't promoting or advertising any product.

Debt
Posts: 488
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am
Reputation: 78

Post #9 by Debt » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:20 pm

Christen57 wrote:
The question is, does "making it harder for someone to find an opponent" with a duel note count as "being offensive," "harassing others," or "promoting/advertising"?

It doesn't seem to count as the first one since it's not "offensive" to say CrystalMusic has built up a bad reputation and will give you a hard time for dueling him.

It doesn't seem to count as the second one since you aren't talking directly to CrystalMusic, messaging him, or name-calling. You're just saying that you don't think people should duel him.

It definitely doesn't count as the third one since you aren't promoting or advertising any product.

Those are just examples. The only purpose duel notes have is to facilitate finding a duel. Anything outside of that would be considered outside the bounds of a duel note's intended purpose

Genexwrecker
User avatar
Posts: 920
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:52 pm
Reputation: 105

Post #10 by Genexwrecker » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:45 pm

Everything listed as examples in the rules are merely some of the examples. Duel notes are intended to help find a partner or for the duel itself anything else is spam
Official Duelingbook Support staff

CrystalMusic
User avatar
Posts: 1108
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:48 am
Reputation: 14
Mood:

Post #11 by CrystalMusic » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:12 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Debt wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Where?


Image


The question is, does "making it harder for someone to find an opponent" with a duel note count as "being offensive," "harassing others," or "promoting/advertising"?

It doesn't seem to count as the first one since it's not "offensive" to say CrystalMusic has built up a bad reputation and will give you a hard time for dueling him.


wrong. i only do that when ppl dont obey my notes. and ill say this again: If you dont like the terms of my duel notes, then do not join my duels

LightCaster
User avatar
Posts: 363
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:28 am
Reputation: 31
Location: Illinois
Mood:

Post #12 by LightCaster » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:09 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Debt wrote:
Image


The question is, does "making it harder for someone to find an opponent" with a duel note count as "being offensive," "harassing others," or "promoting/advertising"?

It doesn't seem to count as the first one since it's not "offensive" to say CrystalMusic has built up a bad reputation and will give you a hard time for dueling him.


wrong. i only do that when ppl dont obey my notes. and ill say this again: If you dont like the terms of my duel notes, then do not join my duels


STOP TREATING DUEL NOTES AS CONTRACTS JFC

NiwatoriFTW
User avatar
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu May 03, 2018 1:11 am
Reputation: 22

Post #13 by NiwatoriFTW » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:22 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Debt wrote:
Image


The question is, does "making it harder for someone to find an opponent" with a duel note count as "being offensive," "harassing others," or "promoting/advertising"?

It doesn't seem to count as the first one since it's not "offensive" to say CrystalMusic has built up a bad reputation and will give you a hard time for dueling him.


wrong. i only do that when ppl dont obey my notes. and ill say this again: If you dont like the terms of my duel notes, then do not join my duels

Yeah, whatever you say...
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-20514574
[0:00] CrystalMusic: CrystalMusic hosted Single (with siding) in Advanced (Unrated) with duel note "Random Build 1st gen and GX decks Only."
...
[1:53] ShadowSoulReaper: Entered Draw Phase
[1:53] ShadowSoulReaper: Drew "Jar of Greed"
[2:30] ShadowSoulReaper: Activated Set "Book of Moon" in S-2
[2:32] ShadowSoulReaper: Pointed at "The Unhappy Girl" in M-3
[2:39] CrystalMusic: "bye"
[2:42] CrystalMusic: "i hate quick play spells"
[2:45] CrystalMusic: Left duel

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-20541123
[0:00] CrystalMusic: CrystalMusic hosted Single (with siding) in Advanced (Unrated) with duel note "no pends. no meta. no staples"
...
[5:37] CrystalMusic: Entered Battle Phase
[5:41] CrystalMusic: Attacked Set card in M-5 with "The Six Samurai - Zanji" in M-5
[5:44] Yin Dragon: Flipped Set "Aroma Jar" in M-5
[5:55] CrystalMusic: Declared effect of "The Six Samurai - Zanji" in M-5
[5:59] Yin Dragon: Activated Set "Divine Wrath" in S-5
[6:06] Yin Dragon: Sent "Spirit Reaper" from hand (6/6) to GY
[6:07] CrystalMusic: Activated Set "Musakani Magatama" in S-5
[6:10] Yin Dragon: Activated Set "Seven Tools of the Bandit" in S-3
[6:13] CrystalMusic: "bye"
[6:15] CrystalMusic: "use ur oen idea"
[6:19] CrystalMusic: "counter traps are my stratagey"
[6:21] Yin Dragon: "??"
[6:25] CrystalMusic: "no one else uses them but me"
[6:28] CrystalMusic: Left duel

Renji Asuka
Posts: 576
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:37 am
Reputation: 64

Post #14 by Renji Asuka » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:54 pm

I love how NiwatoriFTW has a replay for every lie that CrystalMusic spouts lol

Slitina
User avatar
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:31 pm
Reputation: 13

Post #15 by Slitina » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:23 pm

IKR it’s great
Earthbound Immortal Chacu Challhua best Whale.Image

Christen57
User avatar
Posts: 393
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 10:37 pm
Reputation: 23

Post #16 by Christen57 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:39 pm

Debt wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
The question is, does "making it harder for someone to find an opponent" with a duel note count as "being offensive," "harassing others," or "promoting/advertising"?

It doesn't seem to count as the first one since it's not "offensive" to say CrystalMusic has built up a bad reputation and will give you a hard time for dueling him.

It doesn't seem to count as the second one since you aren't talking directly to CrystalMusic, messaging him, or name-calling. You're just saying that you don't think people should duel him.

It definitely doesn't count as the third one since you aren't promoting or advertising any product.

Those are just examples. The only purpose duel notes have is to facilitate finding a duel. Anything outside of that would be considered outside the bounds of a duel note's intended purpose


Genexwrecker wrote:Everything listed as examples in the rules are merely some of the examples. Duel notes are intended to help find a partner or for the duel itself anything else is spam


Yeah and I could argue that a duel note telling people to duel me instead of another person with a bad reputation helps me find an opponent.


Return to “Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: a-107, james123, not edgy dragon ruler guy, SISTER SQUAD and 27 guests